This is a high-pressure position that will require strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
You must be able to handle a high volume of loans, while still remaining effective and accurate in assessing each loan.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, vacation plan
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
- DE CERTIFICATION IS A MUST
- Reviews all items and conditions provided by borrowers and ensures they meet the required guidelines by utilizing internal and external (e.g., agency) policies and procedures [e.g., automated underwriting systems such as Desktop Underwriter (DU)]
- Correspondent banking experience is preferred
- Ensures that Company operating standards are met for underwriting and compliance by utilizing internal and external (e.g., agency) policies and procedures
- Reviews applications and all pertinent disclosures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and investor requirements are met and upheld
- Monitors property appraisal process to ensure value of property is accurately presented
- Analyzes documentation such as credit, income, assets, and appraisals to make sound underwriting decisions based on this analysis by using internal checklist
- Analyzes loan applications to identify any risk issues and/or potential misrepresentation.
- Reviews documentation and ensures documents are properly classified and organized
- Makes quality underwriting decisions while maintaining Company turn-time expectations
- Reviews and clears conditions on all loans to ensure a complete loan package prior to closing
- Utilizes proprietary and on-line tools [e.g., Lexis/Nexis, Real Quest, Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS), AVM’s, etc.] to help combat fraudulent activity and ensure quality loan decisions
- Have the ability to rework loans to new terms, and identify additional conditions as needed.
- Must be able to provide quick and accurate answers on multiple loan project guidelines
- Engages specific strategies (e.g., determines appropriate individuals to resolve escalated customer issues, etc.) to resolve customer questions and concerns
- Continually reviews underwriting environment, and suggests improvement opportunities to management
- Acts as a recognized subject matter expert within the Company and partners with management on underwriting-related issues by providing analytical support, and counseling advice for their functional areas
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Expert knowledge of conventional and/or government loan underwriting and selling guidelines (e.g., Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, etc.)
- Exceptional customer service
- Underwriter designation certification (e.g., Direct Endorsement, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Ability to positively project the Company and department